View Single Post
Old 10-04-2002, 03:04 PM   #3
Suru
United_States
There's an old country song that goes, "Let's talk about NASCAR, old hollywood movie stars, let's talk about anything, anything in this world, but politics, religion and her." Because I see some truth in this song, I usually tread lightly when discussing religion.

This site is for aikido discussion, but since there is such a spiritual aspect to the art, I can see why we occasionally discuss religion.

I finished reading the Koran (Qu'ran) about 3 weeks ago. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's the Muslim Bible. Every other sentence, practically, forbids idol worship and demands the worship of one God (plus men can have 4 wives. =) )

I was talking with a friend not too long ago, an athiest, and he said the universe began with a "big bang." So, I asked him where the thing that blew up came from. He didn't know what to say. Such ultimate questions often turn one to belief in and worship of God, gods, and/or idols (Something bigger than us.)

Drew

p.s. "Once a year, a tiny bird flies to Mount Everest and pecks out a tiny piece of rock. When the mountain is thus worn down, one second of eternity will have passed." (very loosely quoted from what I remember in the book "Giving in to Get Your Way.")