View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 12:06 PM   #5
Jason Mayo
United_States
Re: Seiseki Abe Sensei video....whats going on here?

Quote:
William Hazen wrote: View Post
Sure...Welcome to Aikiweb

First off in ther spirit of AikiWeb why don't you introduce yourself and gives us some background on you. Then if you wish you can explain specifically what is dodgy to you. Can you speak Japanese? Understanding what they discussing in the video would be helpful to those who don't know the language.

Again Welcome

William Hazen
I'm assuming by the tone of your reply that your real question is "do you really have an interest in Aikido, or are you just starting another aiki bash session?"

Yes I used to take Aikido but I dont any longer. And no, this isnt a bash session... I guess my real question, as I said in my other reply, would be is it serious or not? I was confused so I wanted some opinions (also, I dont speak japanese, so that would be helpful to me too).

As far as it looking "dodgy", like I said (in my other reply that hasnt posted yet, sorry!), if its a performance, thats one thing. But the others viewing the clip on youtube seem to take it seriously. As we all know, people in every dojo fall down because they think the are supposed to.Im just saying if it is supposed to be real, then were moving into dodgy territory for that reason.

Ive been thinking about this for a while, and this site seems to have a variety of opinions, so i asked the question here to try to see what others think.

Last edited by Jason Mayo : 07-10-2008 at 12:09 PM. Reason: first reply not posted yet