Thread: Equitable?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 06:54 AM   #299
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Equitable?

Quote:
Rob Liberti wrote:
What is this?! Are you taking a discussion to a personal level?!!! I'm shocked and amused! [recovering] Well, okay, good; I'm glad that's settled; moving on...
It failed as a joke or an implication because asking you about your position is not a personal attack, Rob.
Quote:
I certainly do not believe that women would be just like men. I do believe that people can be trained to have the martial judgment to move to the right place at the right time and do the right thing regardless of gender. I find it odd, that you do not.
You're not clarifying anything at all, Rob. You just said that you do not believe that women would be *just like men* and then you go on to indicate that all "people", "regardless of gender" can be trained to "do the right thing". You need to clarify because that statement essentially leaves it that women are just as good at doing the "right thing" in martial arts as men; i.e., they're equal in martial arts. Is that a correct assessment of what you're saying or do you want to qualify it?

Mike Sigman