View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 12:20 PM   #44
JangChoe
United_States
Re: Shiko Training

Quote:
John Brockington wrote: View Post
Jang-

And it would seem that what spirals down (arm to leg) can also spiral up (leg to arm), and allow more effective power transfer than simple groundpath to anything the arms are doing.

Also, I wonder if the effect of spiral-based movement has something to do with one's actual connection to the ground, ie, sort of firmly screwing you in to your stance? Isn't it harder to pull a screw out of wood than a (linearly driven) nail? This would further enhance groundpath based movement, I would think, too.
I think that stuff can help in rooting too. I mean it can't hurt it. John Medurga's standing thing recommends us screwing our legs in. I remember an article written by Yan Gaofei that talked about how the legs screws inward naturally when standing. I can see how that's possible if you relax and let the weight pull down the front of the suit, the body closes inward and the legs screw in. That doesn't happen to me naturally yet unless I focus on that aspect. I'm too concerned about other stuff I have to focus on in my standing. I'm assuming the more I get connected all these stuff will happen more naturally.