View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 09:56 AM   #63
"aikidokaanonymno"
IP Hash: 407ac2cf
Anonymous User
Re: verbal abuse from a teacher

Quote:
Greg Steckel wrote: View Post
You absolutely MUST leave that relationship to start your healing - and yes, you need some healing since you have been groomed for so long, you need to be un-groomed so to speak. Just leaving and going to another dojo will eliminate the present problem, but unless you seek professional help in this area, you will be ripe for it to happen again in your future.
My school teacher should be able to help me with that. She got me out of the initial deep, black hole - I stopped helping Sensei with kids' classes and other things, and eventually came to see that our relationship was not healthy, nor normal.

Quote:
Marc Abrams wrote: View Post
...Your silence, like that of the previous deshi, serve only to support the continuance of his behaviors. Have you ever heard the expression "If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem" ?..
No one will believe us that it's that bad. The previous deshi was telling me about it, but once you're in, you're in and you're blind.

Quote:
Emily Kirsch wrote: View Post
...Yet I am able to put up with a lot of bullsh*t from people, but not those who actually get to me by making me feel useless and totally incompetent.
Yes, I can take criticism, sarcasm, and harshness from other people because I know they have good intentions. For some reason, it's only Sensei that gets to me.

Thanks everyone!

I sent the message about deleting these thread, so it should happen soon.