Thread: Feet!
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
lbb
United_States
Feet!

Last Tuesday I got a pedicure for the first time in my life. It wasn't one of those insane and illegal pedicures where they slice away your calluses with a razor blade, but it did take about a decade off two decades' worth of martial arts calluses. Yesterday we had a seminar (three body art classes, one weapons). Today, my feet are trashed.

The biggest problem is from a couple of calluses that got reduced but not entirely eliminated by the pedicure, and that developed nasty cracks in them yesterday -- underside of both big toes. There are a few other incipient trouble spots, but they're mostly the same kind of thing: calluses gone bad. So, I'm searching for a Foot Management Strategy. My current plan is to deal with these cracks by cleaning them thoroughly and then sealing them up with New Skin/superglue (and won't that be a treat), but beyond that, I'm unsure how to keep more from developing. Get more pedicures? Get less pedicures? Wear shoes? Wear Tevas? Go barefoot? Spend twenty minutes with a pumice stone every night? Soak them? Keep them dry?

Help please...I want to be able to keep walking!