View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #13
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom
Re: When Sensei denies pomotion because of spouse?

Quote:
Philip Smith wrote: View Post
Totally agree with Joe.

There is no excuse for this kind of behaviour - I have seen it before and the inevitable outcome (quite rightly in my opinion) is a closed dojo; maybe not soon but eventually.

Even if this guy is promoted by recommendation then it just creates another "glass cieling"; feeds his ego and panders to his insecurities; not to mention the relationship dynamic.

Vote with your feet
Hi Philip,
Heaven forbid!! You agree with me?? Must be my lucky day [just joking].How many times have we seen guys getting held back in terms of grades due to either Aikido politics or the TopGun Sensei has personality disorders.My own earlier Aikido career was nearly ruined by my not playing the game with a certain mutually known gentleman.No Philip , you do not win a coconut for guessing the name of the Sensei.Fortunately Mr Smith [gentleman that he was ] saved the day when I joined the U.K.A. Had the U.K.A not been in existence , I would have packed Aikido in years ago.
This guy who is writing about promotions should like Elvis 'leave the building'.Wasting his time in a dojo with that sort of environment. Hope you are keeping well.Say Hi to your Mum from Jenny and myself. Cheers, Joe.