View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #6
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
United_States
Re: Prescott Bridge Seminar - Sept 6th - 9th

Quote:
Mark Murray wrote: View Post
Ikeda - Made over and above effort to get his hands on every attendee and work with them. Is doing some great stuff. Very connected body and can take center on contact. Sometimes struggles with language barrier but makes a strong, honest effort to try to explain what he's doing.

Heiny - Wonderful teacher. Very perceptive eye on what you're doing wrong and how to fix it. Very connected body and can take center on contact. Very good at explaining what to do and how to do it. Is doing some great stuff.

Ledyard - Of the three, I have only had a very brief time on the mat with George and it was outside of aikido. But, I will say that he was friendly, dedicated, and hard working. There was no ego, no trappings of rank. He had a genuine smile and a sharp mind. So, while I can't say anything about his aikido because I haven't had the fortune, yet, to experience it ... I can say that if the short time I was able to train with him is any indication of his skills and abilities in the aikido world, I think you'd find yourself in more than capable hands with George -- as an aikidoka, as a teacher, and as a person.

Mark
second. uke for all three at one time or another. can't go wrong with anyone of them. unfortunately i burned my annual allowances attending seminars with two of the three. so many people to see, so little time and money. for folks in the vicinity, you have no idea how lucky you are.

"budo is putting on cold, wet, sweat stained gi with a smile and a snarl" - your truly
http://charlotteaikikai.org