View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 04:21 PM   #1560
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Baseline skillset

Quote:
Erick Mead wrote: View Post
Oh, well. Magic tricks involve the deliberate concealment of the effective action, i.e. -- lying to the observer.
False. Many "magic tricks" involve simple physics that the observer is unfamiliar with or with skills the observer is unfamiliar with. Your haste to say something negative has tripped you up!
Quote:
1550-odd posts in this thread alone. Point to one, please. I will address it in this context.
Sorry. If I explain how to do it too clearly, you might figure out how to do it. Sort like how I began to skirt the issue of "fascia" once David Orange began to get a glimmer of what we were talking about. A year or two ago, I might have been more forthcoming (actually, I was more forthcoming, but I don't expect anyone to read through all those posts to find where I said something pretty clearly about how to do a few things), but lately I've begun to feel that some people just have "bad heart" and I really think the good guys should be the ones that these things are explained to. Trust me, though, I have been showing a fair number of people (including Aikidoists) how to do these things and I'm assured that a number of them read these exchanges on AikiWeb, enjoying the moment since they already know how to do these things and they can now tell who knows what when they post.

Kind Regards,

Mike Sigman