View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #50
sorokod
United Kingdom
Re: Poor old academics....... (RSA video: Ken Robinson)

Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post

When I do give examples of how and when and in what way I put things to the test and demonstrate some of you, two examples right here in this thread
the examples:

Quote:
"The funny story that goes along with his case is once again something to do with when he was young. He was only five or six at the time. He had his favorite toys and teddy bears etc and different games and things he liked doing but I noticed one that stood out. In fact at that age it was unusual. When he went to bed he snuggled up to not a teddy bear but a toy saxaphone. I then decided to observe him more with relationship to music and found that in school his teacher said he loved it and seemed very aquainted with it for someone so young. When he was seven we asked him if he would like to learn how to play saxaphone and he positively beamed. It was like the room turned gold."
Quote:
"I remember a senior lecturer from a polytechnic turning up on my doorstep one day looking so sad. I had given his wife, also a senior lecturer at the same place a basic course in the basics of study and because she had then excelled he got interested. Unfortunately it made him realize what he didn't know and thus turned up on my doorstep needing some help. I soon got him through it."