View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #49
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England
Re: Poor old academics....... (RSA video: Ken Robinson)

Quote:
Mary Malmros wrote: View Post
Graham, we really don't hate you because you're beautiful. Honest.

(and we don't hate freedom, either)

Tell me, why is it such an affront to you when people ask if you've ever put your theories (which, I'll be honest, appear facile to me) to the test in some of the situations where you seem unwilling to forgive a less than perfect performance in others? Here in los estados unidos, we call what you're doing "armchair quarterbacking". I'm sure you have a term for it across the pond, too.
Pardon? Put my theories to the test? I don't see that as an affront thank you as I explain how I do so. you have totally lost me there.

Unwilling to forgive a less than perfect performance in others? What does that refer to? I'm lost once again.

When I do give examples of how and when and in what way I put things to the test and demonstrate some of you, two examples right here in this thread, accuse me of being 'oh so perfect or some such futile statement. If I do indeed say something that is incorrect it's pounced on with such glee that it appears to me it is not I who is an armchair quarterback.

I think I may do it on purpose one day and just sit back and watch the usual crew pounce, I'm sure it would make their day or even their year.

That I find quite sad really.

It reminds me of a guy me and my friend were working with last year. A very negative guy, full of himself yet not very good at his job. In fact all we were doing was helping him as he was in a bit of trouble. But he would wait and wait and eventually spot some mistake and shout I've got ya. It would make his day and even his weekend. Quite oblivious to his own below standard work as a norm. Quite amusing.

I've told you before Mary, I only say what I do, what I teach, my views I use and the results.

If you or anyone else don't believe or understand that then it's not my problem is it?

I have also said that I don't tell others what they are or are not or can and can't do but I can't say the same about some for they are full of opinions about me. Once again it's a matter of simplicity and honesty. Simplicity is I don't know the person at the other end. Only ego would assume it does.

I can tell you how I am but can you accept it? That's all it's down to really. So it appears to me that some can't accept certain things about me. Again, not my problem for it is the good things they can't accept.

Such is life ha, ha. Do I worry about it?

Peace.G.