View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 07:54 AM   #20
Ron Tisdale
Dojo: Doshinkan dojo in Roxborough, Pa
United_States
Re: Greetings - Looking for a dojo to train

You know, it's funny. I gave you a way to contact me, but never heard from you. You could have come with me to an excellent seminar at Bucks County Aikido, where Juba Noir and George Lyons were teaching Saturday night. Ed Shockley was there as well as some other aikiweb folks. You would have gotten plenty of enthusiasm, plenty of hard training, and a chance to experience some of Chiba Sensei's top students. Oh well.

Frankly, the reason's I've already given for not trying to push your decision one way or another are pretty clear. But to sum it up for you; the aikido I know is not about competition. I am not going to compete with other schools to get you to try the Doshinkan. I have too much respect for the other schools, and my relationships with them, to jeapordize those relationships for you, an unknown.

I have offered to meet you in person, and go with you training to different places. I have given you my personal phone number. I really don't know what else anyone could expect.

Best of luck on your entry to aikido. LP Aikido is a great place with a great instructor.

Ron

Ron Tisdale
-----------------------
"The higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of his behind."
St. Bonaventure (ca. 1221-1274)