View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 12:10 PM   #27
Hebrew Hammer

Dojo: Lava Fitness (The Boxing Club)
United_States
Re: The continued Evolution of Aikido

Quote:
Salim Shaw wrote: View Post
I'm not interested in religious experiences from Aikido, otherwise I what look for another methodology for self defense. I'm only interested in martial application and evolving my self defense abilities physically. Again, I was only speaking to those who share the same desire to evolve their Aikido, martial methodology. I'm not looking from validation from people like yourself. I'm looking for those who have a desire to expand, such as Roy Dean has done and countless others. If this web portal is only for those who advocate religion, then maybe I should find another audience.
Salim,
My final 'two cents' worth and then I will bow out. Certainly Aikido and this forum do not require religion/spirituality to participate in...I just find it curious that you would choose a martial art whose founder was a deeply religious, spiritual man and yet you are closed off to the idea that spirtituality, religion, or meditation can make you a better martial artist. By all accounts Osensei was a legendary physical martial artist, who's abilities few have been able to replicate. My final question is do you think if you were to ask Osensei if his religious or spirtiual side made him a more effective physical martial artist? I would bet the answer would be yes....

Thats probably a topic for another thread or has been. With that I hope you find the answers you are seeking.

Stay Cut,

The Hebrew Hammer