Old 02-08-2007, 08:32 PM   #76
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Called out.

Quote:
Avery Jenkins wrote:
Quote:
Cady Goldfield wrote:
Sorry to be off topic, but if an aikido dojo incorporates kickboxing into its practice, doesn't that make it not aikido anymore, but a form of MMA?
Nope, it's called "playing the piano." At least in Mikey's world.
Nah.... it's called "Ueshiba was too dumb to include kickboxing into Aikido" in Avery's world. It's not "Mikey's" fault, it's OOOoooosheeeba's fault. Ask name-player Avery.

Actually, I just looked back at Avery's last posts. It's fairly obvious that he's taking shots and is used to getting away with it. Fairly low-life, and obviously trying to pick at fight, although not in the league as Justin Smith. Whaddya think, Ricky? This is the kind of guy that makes almost all other martial artists in other disciplines snicker about the art you claim to value. Think someone like Avery should be representing you and Ueshiba's art? In fact, do you think Avery is representative of what you think an Aikidoist should be, as opposed to the people you try to display in your sig? Do you think anyone should say something to clowns like Avery, or should they be allowed to represent what Ueshiba spent his life perfecting? Makes a good debate, doesn't it? See if you can deal with the issue itself and give it a clinical dissection. Pretend I'm the Ghost of Ueshiba and argue to me how Avery is representative of Aikido.

Mike

Last edited by Mike Sigman : 02-08-2007 at 08:46 PM.