View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #5
MM
United_States
Re: Ueshiba the monomaniac?

Quote:
Lee Price wrote: View Post
I do know what can happen with aiki training gone wrong. It doesn't always produce a wonderful person and can lead to all manner of problems? my previous comments were to highlight that things can go wrong, they have and will again if people don't take care.
You're assuming that what I'm defining as "aiki" and what you're defining as "aiki" are the same. In my experience, that is not the case for most of the aikido done today.

Quote:
There's now some 10,000,000 people practising aikido...are you Mark going to take responsibility for them? especially when you've been telling them all kind of mistruths about a country I don't believe you have spent much time in?
You've lost me here. What responsibility? What mistruths? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote:
It may seem a bit nasty, but then do you have a fully connected body and know what it really takes to get there so can speak with any kind of authority? just interested....
Prior to training in IP/aiki, I couldn't stop any joint locks. Now, it's rare that they work on me. Prior to training IP/aiki, I had to move to capture uke's center. Now, I don't. I have 5 years with IP/aiki training and it's been off and on, not regular at all. Equivalent to 3-4 seminars a year with a teacher and the rest solo training. Do I have a connected body? Yep. Much, much more connected than anything Modern Aikido training gave. Do I know what it takes to get there. Definitely. My history in doing so speaks for itself.

Quote:
All the best

Lee
p.s. I don't take kindly to having my words requoted and connected to other people I didn't address.
Perhaps you shouldn't be on Forums. Words are requoted all over the place. Besides, your words weren't connected to anyone else. They were quoted as reference from the other thread.

Mark