View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 03:10 PM   #11
David Orange
Dojo: Aozora Dojo
United_States
Re: The Aikido vs. my aikido

Quote:
Luis Alba wrote: View Post
To understand O'Sensei and the essence of Budo, you must not see Aikido as a technical view, or philosophy, it's a culture, a way of being introduced to the public in a time when humanity seemed lost and headed towards the end.
Welll.....but here you seem to contradict that first statement:

Quote:
The true essence of Budo can be found within yourself, if and only such a tradition and roots have been passed down to you with the true essence of a warrior Spirit.
And the truth is, I've never met anyone with "a warrior spirit" who was not deeply serious about practical technique. See Ellis Amdur's comments on the "Power of Aikido" thread: a vitiated martial art is not budo. And O Sensei's aikido was budo.

Quote:
The foundation, a strong base, is the strenght that holds a castle in place. There is no such thing as his or her's, ur own Aikido!
There is only one Aikido, a Universal path incharge with the Protection of all life.
Yes, theoretically, but in fact, aikido has more divisions and splits than the Baptist church. It really is full of a lot of contentious people who split from one another on both philosophy, technique and culture and start their own organizations almost every day. Some of those people might be wrong, wouldn't you think? So not everything called "aikido" really is even "aikido," much less "O Sensei's aikido". My teacher said, "No one does Ueshiba's aikido but Ueshiba (Morihei)."

David

"That which has no substance can enter where there is no room."
Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.esotericorange.com