View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
Phonzadellika
Dojo: Aikido of Minnesota
United_States
Local Aiki Training?

I've been practicing Aikido for about 6 months now, I go to the dojo twice a week, practice solo for an hour or 2 a day and with a friend on the weekends so that we can explore the techniques more in-depth. One of the things that really bugged me for the first 2 months about aikido was how weak I felt performing some of the aikitaiso that the techniques are predicated upon. A lot of it just didn't really seem practical to me insofar as making me a better martial artist and I just chalked it up to weird-ancient-japanese-ceremony. I continue to go along with it because I enjoy the other aspects of Aikido such as the waza and managing the juxtaposition between the self and the counterpart, but I felt like I should be getting more out of the aikitaiso.

The posts by Mr. Harden, Mr. Sigman, and Mr. Orange among others have piqued my interest in Aiki and internal strength. I'm ready to drink the kool-aid and would like to learn more. Anyone have any recommendations about who teaches aiki in MN?

Thanks.