View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #17
Marie Noelle Fequiere

Dojo: Atibon Aikido, Port Au Prince, Haiti
Haiti
Re: Casualty of nikyo

Janet and Cherie have a point, I have to admit. But I see a few students training with "bad" shoulders, or "bad" elbows. They find a way around it. Sensei himself has a bad shoulder, he avoids using it when demonstrating a technique for the class.
I will give it a try. I will wear a bandage more for reminding both me and my partners to be careful with this hand. If I cannot find a way, I will sit and watch, I promise.
Congratulations, Michael, for your accomplishment. Really, it is. It reminds me of a funny incident during my Karate days. I was just an eight kyu, and I was working on a self defense move with another student, a sweet and shy kid who was no more than about fourteen years old. Sensei was watching. I did the technique, I brought the kid down, and Sensei said that it was good, but I needed to go a bit softer. The kid said nothing, he got back on his feet and the class resumed.
I never saw him again on the mat.
Years later, I was visiting my best friend, and her son was chatting with his own friends. One of them saw me, and his eyes became wide. I later learned that he told my friend's son that I was this scary lady who hurt him one day during a Karate class, so he never went back. I had completely forgotten the incident, and I could not believe he kid had recognized me after all this time.
So, yes, Michael you can be proud of yourself!