View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 06:18 AM   #4
Ecosamurai

Dojo: Takagashira Dojo
United Kingdom
Re: "Non-Aikido Martial Traditions" Forum

Quote:
Mark Murray wrote: View Post
Before we go further, Mike Haft, please try those and post your results. In fact, video would be better. Because if you can't do *all* the above, then you're not doing what Mike and Dan are doing.
With the exception of number 3 cos I don't know what you're on about there I'm willing to say I can do most of that, not prettily but I can do it. No I'm not gonna post video because I really don't care whether you believe me or not and I don't feel that having youtube footage of my crappy aikido floating around the internet is particularly a good idea. Say what you like about me not being up to the task, whatever....

Quote:
Yet, they'll turn right around and lap up everything Ellis posts about the history of Aikido and Daito Ryu.
I don't agree with everything Ellis says either. But I find his posts to be less grating than others, perhaps he just writes in a nicer style. I don't know.

Quote:
It'd be interesting to hear how you and your teacher fared on #1 through #5 above. In all seriousness. I don't think anyone can continue these discussions until they've tried at least those 5 things. If you can't do them all, then you don't know, nor do you understand what's being said here. It's that simple.
You done trolling now? I have better things to do than respond to this kind of crap to be honest but I thought you might appreciate a response. If you want anything else try a PM, you never know I might reply.

Mike

"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."
-Martin Luther King Jr