Thread: Jena 6
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 08:20 AM   #20
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Jena 6

Quote:
Mark Murray wrote: View Post
Found another article and all I can say is wow. Talk about a completely different view than what was given in the media. Again, well worth reading the whole article.
Ah, and here's a comment that supports a suspicion I've had from the very beginning, since I went to a fairly rough high school myself:

Quote:
The “Jena Six” have repeatedly been held up as heroes by much of the race-based community and called “innocent students” by the national media. Some of these students have reputations in Jena for intimidating and sometimes beating other students. They have vandalized and destroyed both school property and community property. Some of the Jena Six have been involved in crimes not only in LaSalle Parish but also in surrounding parishes. For the most part, coaches and other adults have prevented them from being held accountable for the reign of terror they have presided over in Jena. Despite intervention by adults wanting to give them chances due their athletic potential, most of the Jena Six have extensive juvenile records. Yet their parents keep insisting that their children have never been in trouble before. These boys did not receive prejudicial treatment but received preferential treatment until things got out of hand.
So none of this was mentioned but a dignified public prosecutor was smeared as a "culprit".

Mike