View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 10:04 AM   #6
john.burn

Dojo: Chishin Dojo
United Kingdom
Re: Hiroshi Ikeda sensei in the UK, April 17-20, 2014

Quote:
Alejandro Jimenez wrote: View Post
Great seminar! I couldn't attend but i'm watching the footage. Could you tell what Mike Sigman explained to you?.

What I understand by "line" is a line that goes from the floor through my feets, hips, shoulders,elbow, wrist and then to uke's palm, elbow and shoulder and stops there if i only want to unbalance uke to left or right side a litte bit.

Another thing i cannot understand is what is "the line" when you are grabbed by three ukes. I have noticed that Ikeda sensei keeps saying "make line" instead "make lineS" and this is confusing.

Have you any insights on this?
Well, the thing with all of this is that it has to be felt. But, in a nutshell, the line, or vector isn't running through your body in the way you think, it's simply a line that goes from your rear foot to uke in the shortest distance toward uke's centre.

Mike is really very good at explaining this stuff, no idea why aikido people seem hellbent on not listening to him lol. Even Ikeda sensei says he's doing the same things.

Basically if you connect your body, uke becomes connected to you as well. As Ikeda sensei also says, change yourself don't change uke.

John.

Last edited by john.burn : 05-16-2014 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Typo

Best Regards,
John

www.chishindojo.co.uk