View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 10:30 AM   #8
Yokaze

Dojo: Five Dragons
United_States
Re: Aikido off the mat...

Quote:
Natasha Ritchie wrote:
I have always had a very nervous disposition (comes from having a rather rocky start to life). I don't trust easily and tend to be absolutely terrified of men. All men. ...snip... My perspective on life and people has changed. I'm not so nervous, I don't get jumpy anymore when people stand behind me.
Wow... I'd hate to imagine what kind of "rocky start" could inspire such terror in you. Rest assured, as you are undoubtedly finding out, that not all men are like those you seem to have encountered in the past. That's a difficult block to get past. A lot of the time you feel like, if you have had a particular experience over and over again, that it will happen to you every time.

This is simply not the case. Thanks for opening up to me and your fellow Aikidoka. That takes a lot of courage. ^_^

Quote:
xuzen wrote:
Oh one more thing, aikidoka are damm good dancers too.. especially the way we can shake our bumps b'coz of the years of training our hip power.
It's funny. I have incredible balance (since long before Aikido) I have really good rhythm (in part from obsessively playing DDR and Drummania) and I can move my hips well thanks to endless Tenkan, yet I can't dance for the life of me.

All the pieces are in place, yet it still feels like something's missing. Maybe talent.

"The only true victory is victory over oneself."

Rob Cunningham
3rd Kyu

Icon courtesy of Norbert Knoll http://www.aikido-verein-hannover.de