View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 08:57 AM   #103
Eric in Denver
Dojo: Ronin
United_States
Re: What is "IP" discussion of Internal power.

Quote:
Krystal Locke wrote: View Post
Ok, so here's a question, flat out, straight up. Do the IP folk think Hiroshi Ikeda sensei has it or a part of it? (We'll leave Lee's protestations of having better breathing aside for the moment...) He's visiting in December, he's talked about internal stuff the last few times he's been here, can I save myself a chunk of change by cornering him and getting some of the goods from him?

I'd still find another seminar to go to, but no reason not to take advantage of an opportunity that is right in my lap.

And, yes, I know I am poking at a hornet's nest. PM if you want. The whole point of this thread is that it is really hard to get an honest reliable opinion.....
I think Ikeda is a great segue into this kind of training for aikido folks. I have been to one of his seminars and have been up to Boulder for his Wednesday Internals class a few times, and I think it is a great intro. I don't know if it is more than a great intro because I really, really suck at this stuff and haven't gotten far enough along to be able to speak to it any more than that.

The other reason I say intro is because from my exposure to the IS paradigm, it requires a huge amount of solo work, and Ikeda doesn't seem to teach those exercises, at least not publicly. Or, at least not to me