Old 02-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #135
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England
Re: Aikido attacks.

Quote:
Marc Abrams wrote: View Post
Graham:

Why should anybody take something you say seriously is a very good question. Whether it be your claims of martial effectiveness, your claims regarding your teacher training at the Hut Dojo; your claims of humor, rice, etc..... Establishing credibility is quite easy. Answer questions honestly and in a non-evasive manner. Demonstrate your claims to an independent audience. Those are two easy ways to start. If you step back and look at how well-informed people have responded to you, maybe you might see why it is that people bring into question your credibility. Nobody was looking to knock you down by challenging your claims when you first started posting on this forum. You created a dynamic in which many people have openly sought honest answers and sincere, cordial face-to-face meetings to which you studiously avoided. I applaud your effort in meeting with Mark Freeman. I can only hope that you continue on a path of being open and honest about legitimate inquiries into what you say and do.

Marc Abrams
Marc. We have a different thought process. I answer straight but when my answer is not accepted I am asked to explain. When I explain I'm accused of evasive. One thing missing here? Yes, I already answered but you or someone don't accept it. What can I say? Some well informed people don't accept what I say. That's not evasive on my part.

My problem, (although not really a problem to me) is that I do give straight answers that well-informed people disagree with or don't believe, therefore it is my honesty and straightforwardness that appears to be a problem for others from my perspective.

With regards to creating a dynamic as you put it is one thing I have found happens on this type of place ie: forum. You say there is a consequence to that and it equals therefore I must do this or do that as people are now interested in 'who is this charachter? or some such.' That is all new to me.

I think it's very easy to understand my views on the matter but once again find a certain few not accepting what I say. Well, that's a dead end for there's nothing more to say to such people.

Finally, applauding my meeting with Mark. I appreciate the sentiment but I have always been open to meet anyone if the purpose is reasonable and not some bravado thing.

Regards.G.