View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #187
Gary David

United_States
Re: Spiritual and i/p

Quote:
Matthew Gano wrote: View Post
I did! Sorry, that was my poor attempt at humor.

I shouldn't have said "poisoning." I just meant that, whether our message is right or wrong, tone of response affects how the message is received and that we then are stuck with dealing with that too. This isn't to say speaking gently to folks is always the best response either. It was an aside I probably shouldn't have entered into.
What I was trying to point to is just the idea that in order for some conversations to "work" we have to adjust our normal responses. If we don't care if the other person accepts our understanding, then it doesn't matter.
Take care,
Matt.
Matt
There are many ways to tell someone they are full of it....and I read that in to many of the comments here from those who want no part of Dan or what he is providing. Face to face when talking to someone you can tell from the tone, from body language, facial expression and the like what is real and what is not. On here, like other sites on the internet, you are not face to face......but you can tell by the choice of words, how they are put together, and such....what the true meanings are..... What I perceive in many is ...."you don't know what you are talking about........I know what I am doing and I learned it directly from my teacher who is........I am already doing this...you can't teach me anything I don't already know.....I am good at this so....what do I need you for........" Mostly for me this kind of responses mean something more like "..I have placed so much into what I am now.....I can't afford to change directions now...." These are not rude and unfriendly comments to you? Isn't this approach unacceptable also?

How I cam to this view, I am still working and received around 130 work related email last week. This is normal. While many of them are just informational, a large number require responses, some put you in the middle of situations...all of that. You learn to understand what is mean as well as what is said...and you learn to be very careful on how you respond...or start email strings

As for my comments about not living long enough to get very good at what Dan is offering..... I'll be 70 in about a month...I see this, knowing what little I know now...as a long term effort.....10, 15, 20 years.... add in the other components....along with living life in general.....puts a premium on your time. And I am trying to work in other stuff from another very close friend of mine who is on a level with Dan in his own way. I am happy with my journey so far, but know there is more that can be added..

The lost for me with these folks is the lost in time.......what if they discover 20 years from now that maybe there was something to all of this IP stuff...wow...they have lost 20 years...... If you check it out and diceide it is not for you...at least you know that you didn't miss the opportunity.....

Gary