View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 10:32 AM   #77
ChrisMoses
Dojo: TNBBC (Icho Ryu Aiki Budo), Shinto Ryu IaiBattojutsu
United_States
Re: *Tentative* dates for Akuzawa (Aunkai) in Seattle, WA 11/3-11/4

Quote:
David Orange wrote: View Post
That's why I say I am "exploring" them. I understand that I need to meet Ark to really understand them.

However, I have noticed something and I wonder if it relates to what Ark is doing or not. As I posted earlier, in the tenchijin exercise, does anyone notice a difference if the fingers are turned inward (still palms up) instead of outward?

Best wishes.

David
There's a pretty significant difference. Further, you can get some very different sensations just based on how the palms/fingers are oriented even keeping the general shape in tact. Ark and Rob came around quite a bit and moved people's hands into position. The elbow shape (NO BEND!!!) is very important as well. After one of Ark's corrections to my hand shape/position and hip orientation, I was able to feel a different quality of connection in the exercise than I had previously (particularly the kua - heel connection/path). We're talking a correction of less than an inch in the pelvis area and a couple degrees of rotation to the hands/fingers and the results were dramatic.

Chris Moses
TNBBC, "Putting the ME in MEdiocre!"
Budo Tanren at Seattle School of Aikido
Shinto Ryu Iai-Battojutsu