Old 10-02-2011, 06:39 AM   #16
CitoMaramba

Dojo: Dangayan Singkaw Aikido Shinzui Group Philippines
Philippines
Re: Transmission, Inheritance, Emulation 20

Quote:
Peter A Goldsbury wrote: View Post
Hello Cito,

Have you come across the collection of essays I referred to in the bibliography? The book is called Philosophy After Hiroshima and the quotation about McKinley comes from Robert Ivie's essay, entitled "Depolarizing the Discourse of American Security: Constitutive Properties of Positive Peace in Barack Obama's Rhetoric of Change." It is part of a section entitled 'Nuclear Amnesia and the Metaphysics of New Warfare' The editor is Edward Demenchonok.

I am currently reviewing the book for the International Journal of Peace Education. I should have finished it, but writing this column and the next have delayed it.

Best wishes,

PAG
Dear Professor Goldsbury,

I haven't been able to read the above-mentioned book yet. Thank you for the heads-up.

Theodore Roosevelt practised judo, as I am sure you are well aware. His instructor was Yamashita Yoshiaki (later Judo 10th Dan, Kodokan). The person who introduced Yamashita shihan to President Roosevelt was none other than Admiral Takeshita Isamu, who would become an important figure later in Ueshiba Kaiso's career. [1]

All the best,

Cito
[1] http://ejmas.com/jcs/jcsart_svinth1_1000.htm

Inocencio Maramba, MD, MSc
Dangayan Singkaw Aikido Shinzui