View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #53
markyboy64
Dojo: backyard
United Kingdom
Re: Training Internal Strength

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote: View Post
You did OK until you tried to relate "Cold Power" to simple "whole body to drop into the the ground (gravity)". If it was that simple, no one would have bothered to make whole arts around it, unless they were simpletons.

I remember some guy who wrote an article for "Inside Kung Fu" once (some years ago) who told everyone that "reeling silk" was nothing more than people using the arch/bend of the back and releasing it for power. It was an interesting statement, but unfortunately it said one thing to people who knew less than he did and it said another very different thing to people who knew more than he did. But that's always the case, I guess.

FWIW

Mike Sigman
No I didn't do well Sir Isaac Newton did .
You did well not to argue with him.
Only simpletons do that,and quite a few internal martial artists do just that.

Cold power,fajin,silk reeling..just terms for whole body power,which all starts in the feet on" solid" ground.Being suspended off the ground or on a trampoline it's a different story.

The Bible was written by many people over 14 hundred years so I have been told,So I suspect the martial arts were developed in a similar fashion but a longer period by many, building on what had gone before and not always good either.

You see many people doing push hands training,or should I say sumo and then put on boxing gloves as if boxing was part of the art...something got lost in the sauce or source!

William Ewart Fairbairn took the crap out jujitsu and bagua and came up with the gentle art of murder.As yet the highest number of unarmed and armed kills of any martial art documented.The Chinese and Japanese skilled in their pyjama arts didn't do very well against it.Their ki and chi dissapeared.The American and British soldiers were only trained in it for short periods of time.

WHY? Because it worked even for simpletons!

mark