Old 05-06-2008, 02:22 AM   #7
Paulo Barreto
Dojo: Faculdade de Ciências (APADA)
Portugal
Re: Parsimony

Quote:
Ross Robertson wrote: View Post
Paulo,

I am truly grateful to you and admire you for continuing to read my work even when you find it difficult. In some ways, I write the way I teach. I never try to deliberately make things hard, but I try not to shy away from things that may be calling us to deep and difficult understandings. I expect my students to do the work, to think about it on their own, and to follow the occasional breadcrumbs that I leave as a trail.

Likewise with my articles, I try my best to make things clear... but the reader is invited to gain more if they are willing to occasionally look to Wikipedia or other resources to reward their curiosity.

Regardless, I am pleased you found something of value here. I notice that you are only one of two who have commented. I suspect you are not so far from this as you think.

Many thanks,

Ross
Ross,

Thank you for your reply.

I've long since accepted that Aikido is hard to get, and that i really don't get it . It's a feeling that tends to grow the longer i practice, and my perceptions of what i am, and should be, doing improve. Which is a nice thing because it keeps me honest about my overall knowledge of Aikido (and skill level).

I must admit that i find very much of value in your columns (the fact that they are challenging and make me think is a welcome one), and those of others, though i am at fault for not commenting more often.

Please keep those articles coming.

Thank you,
- Paulo Barreto