View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 09:42 PM   #72
Toby Threadgill
United_States
Re: Using ki-skills for "aiki" in Daito-Ryu

Guys,

Okay...I'll agree that the discussions have brought this topic into the limelight and thats good. It's got people visiting one another. That's good too. But I'm still rather skeptical how much technical theory can really be discerned in verbal communication....That's all.

And, I'm admittedly a horrible writer so maybe that has something to do with my skepticism. I just can't really put into words what I do or what I feel from others.

Dan,

Concerning your post...I'm a bit confused by much of it but we regularly talk sideways to one another....so....I'll read it again after the stock market screens stop jumping in my head.....

Concerning this. I wasn't addressing you. Rob Liberti asked me:

Quote:
Rob Liberti wrote: View Post
Thank you for the clarification. It would be interesting to know if Joe Neal developed his internal skills through kata under Don Angier in under 6 years. But it is good to hear someone developed any internal skills by means of kata. I would like to know what skills he could manifest that were beyond the normal external skills as well.
I thought my answer was obviously relevant to his question.

I'm off on a plane tomorrow and then very busy. Soon after that out of the country so I'll catch you gentlemen later.

Regards,

Toby Threadgill