View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 11:35 PM   #172
Allen Beebe
United_States
Re: Transmission, Inheritance, Emulation 10

Quote:
Joshua Reyer wrote: View Post
I suppose this is more heat than light, but I get the distinct impression, Mr. Beebe, that you read post #26 in this thread, and then ignored everything else I wrote.

"Ken set A" is an idea purely of your own suggestion. No one else has suggested it. Please reread this thread, in particular my explanations and clarifications to Mr. Doug Walker.

With regards,
Hi Josh,

You are right. More heat than light I'm guessing. I apologize if my post prompted that reaction in you. While I'm sure that I can profitably re-read this thread several times with great benefit, particularly with regard to Peter's contributions, I had read (and re-read) your and Doug's exchange at the time and moved on.

(BTW, my suggestion was that Sho Chiku Bai was a referent for a Kenpo* not a particular Ken Kata. I did, however, make the mistake of somehow erroneously thinking that the terms Sho Chiku Bai had a direct relationship with Shinkake Ryu which, thanks in no small part to you, it is now my understanding, that they do not.)

Anyway, the question of my latest post was directed at: What do 松竹梅 represent to Ueshiba Morihei when he writes:

錬り清めゆく
気の仕組
いつここ/ いずこに生るや
身変るの水火

?

Perhaps I'm "Dan Brown-ing" the Doka or my Japanese is so poor that the obvious escapes me. But I read that, and it seems to me that, as represented by this Doka, 松竹梅 was a very significant, albeit esoteric, referent for Ueshiba.

Thanks for the time,
Allen

*A suggestion that seems to have been borne out by quotes of Ueshiba within this thread I believe.

~ Allen Beebe