View Single Post
Old 12-12-2004, 03:19 AM   #3
Johan Nielsen
Faroe Islands
Re: Hands off the Uchideshi?

Well, what is your dojo status in relation to him. If your are just another student I could't see a problem. Aikido isn't everything. Falling in love is a greater think I would say, but the best for you is of course a combination. In my dojo, which is not an aikido dojo and therefore not as traditional/strict there are many relationships and nobody has a problem whit that. The only situation with could be a bit problematic is when one of the lovers is the instructor of the other. In an aikido plus uchi-deshi situation I really don't know the traditional aikido thinking of this. As I see it it is the uchi-deshi that could compromize his situation with a enjoyable love relationship with another person at the same dojo. So if someone else can explain the aikido thinking of this first, you two have then to decide whether you think dating is ok or not in your aikido environment. Then if you care about the rules or if you should have a go at it anyway. Then if you should start dating or something, if you should wait or if you should just forget about it. Many "ifs"but I think you get my point. Good luck and may dojo love prosper.