View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 08:57 PM   #1331
HL1978
Dojo: Aunkai
United_States
Re: Baseline skillset

Quote:
Justin Smith wrote: View Post
I wish some qi/pengjin guru would step up and post a video of this 'low level' stuff that has been kept secret from Westerners who couldn't figure out the correct way to practice in a million years.

It would set aikido, taijiquan, and all other internal martial arts learning ahead by decades!
Justin, I believe you live right outside DC in northern virginia? I am out in Fairfax and know of other people in the area, who meet up and train on a regular basis in these skills (I had the opportunity to meet a few when Mike and Rob were in town). If you are interested, I am sure they would be willing to meet with you (there are a couple groups around DC/MD and in NoVa). I would be happy to show you some of the aunkai exercises (in a completly non-confrontational manner, I have a couple people who practice them with me twice a week in Fairfax and are all very friendly guys who aren't out to prove anything), and hopefully clarify some of what Mike, Rob and others are referring too. If it is easier we can meet sometime in the evening after work at a local park/rec center/public place.

I am not a great example of what these skills are like, but I can demonstrate them to a very minor extent, and if you can't really feel the difference, I'd be happy to buy you a beer afterwards.

Perhaps then some of the videos which are available on youtube might make a bit more sense? As everyone else here says, you really need to see/feel it in person.

Regards,

Hunter

Last edited by HL1978 : 07-09-2007 at 09:02 PM.