View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 11:26 AM   #271
john.burn

Dojo: Chishin Dojo
United Kingdom
Talking Re: Is your Aikido as a Martial Art up to Reality?

Quote:
Joe Curran wrote: View Post
Dear John,
I got the impression that it was me you were commenting on.Looks like I trod on your toes a bit.Not my intention.As far as stomping around the mat is concerned I have over the past few years had bother from a near fatal car crash coupled with a mild heart attack . I am still not fully recovered.Had I been so maybe we could have had a more rewarding encounter.I never suggested you were offending Tony.Tony being a shrinking violet is not going to shed a tear over minor differences of opinion.I dont always agree with Tony either as it happens. All I was asking you was to give me some idea of what you were looking for in the way of Internal Aikido.
For myself I have met various Sensei who one might call internal aikidokas Eg Yamaguchi, Sekiya, Tamura Sensei .
So , John, dont take the hump or make it personal. I know I am not everyones cup of cocoa. Having said that given the opportunity you might find me a charming chap.Hope you are well, Joe.
Hi Joe,

Not too much offense taken. When my first teacher, Tom Moss passed away I must admit your email about him (which I still have) changed my view on you somewhat . It was quite a long time ago anyways, it was the year Tom was teaching on the BAB course, mind you then there was the year later on one of the Yoshinkan classes and you bowed to me, I was about to bow back when Tom grabbed me saying something like 'not today you don't'

And yes, you are a charming chap having spoken to you at various BAB meeting over the years, I used to look after their website.

Best Regards,
John

www.chishindojo.co.uk