View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 04:55 PM   #11
Stormcrow34
Dojo: Yoseikan Budo
United_States
Re: Comprehensive Yoseikan Budo book in ENGLISH!!!

Quote:
David Orange wrote: View Post
Michael,

Thanks for ordering the book. Edgar is a great teacher of yoseikan budo and he was a close student of Minoru Mochizuki. He has full understanding of the complete system Minoru Mochizuki created and he has full support of Hiroo Mochizuki in the modern form of the art. He is physically and intellectually complete in these arts and this book details a lot about the unique sutemi waza (sacrifice throws) of yoseikan.

I helped Edgar with the English translation from the Dutch. They had already translated it, but I helped polish it up and I also wrote a preface, following Patrick McCarthy's comments. I can say that this is very close to the book I helped Minoru Mochiuzki write in the early 90s but which was never released. This is a worthy volume for anyone interested in Minoru Mochizuki's art.

Thanks for your enthusiasm and I hope you can get a lot from the book.

David
Thank you for your response Mr. Orange.

I just received the book today and I must say I am impressed with the amount of information enclosed. I'm far from qualified to comment on the accuracy and quality of the information because I'm only kyu ranked in Yoseikan Budo, but it does look very similar to my training program.

As far as the amount of information, I guess the same can be said for Yoseikan Budo. The Yoseikan syllabus is a bit overwhelming and vast in my limited view on the subject. It's definitely a life long study for amateurs like myself!

Please forward my thanks to Mr. Kruyning.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Mike C.

Last edited by Stormcrow34 : 08-18-2009 at 04:58 PM.