View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 12:58 PM   #17
mickeygelum

Dojo: Warren Budokan, Ohio USA
United_States
Re: Core Techniques in Aikido -- and Why

Hey Mark,

Tuhan Holloway sends his regards...he spoke highly of you at dinner last night. I was able to show him my schools and what is available in the future. He mentioned that the proximity was ideal for all of us to get together on a regular basis. You, and your folks, are welcome to stay at my main dojo instead of seeking hotel accommodations. Tuhan is giving a introductory clinic this evening, everyone is really looking forward to it.

As for the Junana Hon Kata...yes, Jiyushinkai has its own interpretation as well as the Tegatana No Kata vs. Tegatana Dosa, yet they both derive from Ashi Waza. Tegatana No Kata focuses on fluid motion and body awareness, Tegatana Dosa focuses on application...taisabaki/kuzushi. Tegatana Dosa could appear to be a condensed version of Tegatana No Kata, depending on your perspective.

Koryu Dai Yon Kata...my favorite. I believe that it is the most powerful in terms of application of kata. 33 techniques in a minute and a half....

Train well,

Mickey

Last edited by mickeygelum : 08-06-2008 at 01:02 PM. Reason: ommission of sentence