View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #40
Charles Hill
Dojo: Numazu Aikikai/Aikikai Honbu Dojo
Re: O sensei and 'correct ukemi'

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
From "Hi Szczepan" you made a segue in the next paragraph to "anyone interested" which led to telling us how transmission is supposed to go, which then led to the implication that we are not capable of understanding what his deshi meant with certain comments.
I got it! You misunderstood my post because I was not clear on what I mean by "supposed." I don't mean "supposed to" as in this is reality and some people get it or not. I mean "supposed" as in if you asked the people who believe they got some transmission from O'Sensei and they were to tell you their true thinking, this is the answer I believe they will give you.

It seems to me that you believe that wrapped in this Takeda-Ueshiba-down to whomever thing is an "Emperor's new clothes" kind of thing, right? And truth be told, I basically believe that you are right.

In keeping with this metaphor, you are the boy pointing at the emperor saying ,"But look, he's naked! It's obvious." You say that the psychology of those involved is not salient to their skills, but I think it would be helpful for you to realize it is salient to you being able to convince others that it is not salient to the skills.

Charles