View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #27
Krystal Locke
United_States
Re: Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions

Quote:
Hugh Beyer wrote: View Post
Are you sure? Howabout the single complement Kisshomaru ever got from his father (by lore)--on the founding of the Tokyo dojo? I think he wanted the organization to spread aikido, he just didn't want to have to run it.

In general, I do like having a parent organization. I like it that Hombu has decided to be an umbrella organization so I can walk into most dojos and even if they've never heard of my teacher or the ASU, they accept me because I'm affiliated with Hombu. I'd like to believe there's some quality control, so the more squirrely groups are easier to identify. It's hard to put a price tag on that.
Yeah, the quality control is one of the benefits I appreciate. I dont travel much now, but when I did, the little book did save me a few minor headaches.

So, I am approaching nidan, do I send my book back in for a stamp (not like a hanko more like a postage stamp), do they just send the stamp to me, or do I get a new book? I dunno. I spose sensei will just tell me, but forewarned is forearmed.