View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 10:12 AM   #62
Buck
United_States
Re: Finding our own way in and out of Aikido

Eric,

Interesting concept you "relate aikido and chaotic motion." I presuming you are talking about chaos theory. I don't see it that way. I relate it to the simple observation (without the application of mathematical or scientific theory, we can discuss that latter) that Aikido is controlling and diffusing chaos. In a couple of flagship words in Aikido, it is the harmonizing of chaos and then the resolution of chaos to peace.

To whom it may concern,
That to me is one example of the gross philosophical/spiritual component that also does underpin Aikido very strongly, that Christians shouldn't have an issue, and that isn't being argued Aikido shares superficially some parts of Bible. Aikido, and the Bible does look at peace. But an underpinning that Aikido has that is different from the Bible is that Aikido blends with violence to resolve to only one end, that being peace, on an individual scale. Whereas, the Bible uses violence, offensively in more dynamic means and ends other than peace. It may be said then Aikido does share some ideas with the Bible, but the Bible's philosophy of peace and the use of violence is really different.