View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 03:15 AM   #2
Michael Varin
Dojo: Aikido of Fresno
United_States
Re: In Defence of George W. Bush

I know Neil is being a little facetious, but these are very valid points. I am constantly trying to get people to really learn about history. Not the crap they teach you in school, but the history that is available with just a bit of extra effort.

Throughout history people have used the government to legitimize their actions. It used to be priests and divine right, now it is democracy and the will of the people. Policies have been implemented that appeal to the common man's emotions, but actually serve only a select group at his expense.

Freedom isn't free. I hear this all the time, but most of the people who repeat this phrase don't know what the cost of freedom is. It is eternal vigilance, never trusting government, never letting gov't exceed its proper limitations.

The Constitution has been abused almost since it was ratified. We criticize Bush for behavior that we consider heroic from FDR or Lincoln. This problem is much greater than one man. Do you honestly think replacing him with Hillary is going to matter? Or Obama? Or Giuliani? Or Romney? Or Fred Thompson?

They are all collectivists, and collectivism equals slavery. It is time to wake up.

If we support these people, if we fail to exercise our rights, if we continue to be poor stewards of our gov't, we have no one to blame, but ourselves.

-Michael
"Through aiki we can feel the mind of the enemy who comes to attack and are thus able to respond immediately." - M. Mochizuki