View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 10:40 PM   #188
DH
United_States
Re: Aikido™ and Aiki…do. Where are we at?

Quote:
Gary Welborn wrote: View Post
Dan
I feel that you, Mike, Akazawa & Rob and many others are doing a service for us all. I think I was getting at the notion that we don't all get it at the same time.....
..... Most of us find it hard to believe there are more floors above as we never find those doors, in some ways what you, Mike and others are doing is showing everyone the door to the basement from where you can actually go from the 1st to the 2nd and the floors above.......a path much harder to find if you only started on the 1st floor.

keep at it.....
Gary
Well you'll have to talk to Mike, Rob, or Ark, but I hope people get out to meet and feel a LOT of people either doing or claiming to do this stuff, make judgments, comparisons, and find out who some real experts are. Then see who can or can't teach it, see if they will teach you, and then just keep at it themselves. I aint much, but I'll try and help if I can. No one can do the work for you though. Being shown a door out of the basement is one thing, but only you can climb the stairs,
I still maintain, its good to find someone with real skill. Next, look past them at their students-you just may be seeing you. If they don't have it-find out why or leave. Everyone only goes round once. So we need to make the best of it.