View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 11:22 AM   #23
Allen Beebe
United_States
Re: Shugyo: Mindfully Train

Quote:
Chuck Clark wrote: View Post
Hi Lynn, (not meaning to seem like a "smartass, but here goes anyway...) I figured out that I can't afford to "PAY ATTENTION", so I try "Give Attention." Of course, some days are better than others... it's very difficult to not descend to a state of being on auto pilot/not really flying...

A large part of my ongoing practice is to be/do the most simple, clean, clear action as possible while being attentive to the results and willing to adjust and continue the process... resulting in "Don't quit, and don't die" without "worrying" about the inevitable. Being in a mindful state while being as relaxed and willing to stay on the "razor's edge" at all times filled with kokoro no sutemi while showing whatever state of "my outsides matching my insides" without fear is is very difficult... until it isn't. Being is a constant state of flow. Being aware and conscious of this while being completely successful at this is impossible, but being attentive to the qualities of the ongoing "randori" of life's "suchness" is THE THING. Taking part with the intent to "uplift all beings and do as little harm as possible" is the whole ball of wax as we continue .... what a joy to take part!

Well, as usual in this form of communication, too much kuchi waza. Which is why many of us love budo practice so much. It's about DOING... and the DO is the WAY... or, DO-BE, DO-BE, DO....BE!!!!.....

Best regards,

Chuck
LOL, it is great to hear your Chuck!

You (he) type(s) (talk(s)) like I think! If the idea I wanted to share was an onion, I take of the first layer and start handing it over, but before I can get there I'm saying (internally or externally) "And uh, . . ." and start to hand the next layer, and the next . . ., or I try open my mouth and then try desperately to mentally line up all the pieces of the onion so that I can "lead them to the core" before they look at me funny and walk away. But usually I end up either thinking, "Ah F^ck it!" and throw the whole onion at them or, "Never mind!" and just walk away. Because if I try, strangers just figure out I'm a simpleton and my friends just start to laugh at me like "Ha, ha! Look at Allen! He's trying to communicate again. Isn't that cute!"

Anyway, I'm just trying to say that I appreciated the denseness (in the sense of fullness in a small space) of your communication and that you bothered to do it.

Wars begin and end (formally) with words. Whether we like it or not they are a part of the whole I suppose. They are part of "doing" as well . . . particularly since we often use them to give structure to our thoughts . . .which is a kind of "doing."

Catchy tune BTW!

Kind regards,
Allen

Last edited by Allen Beebe : 07-01-2011 at 11:26 AM. Reason: four skinny thumbs and one fat one on each hand

~ Allen Beebe