View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #49
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
United_States
Re: Hiroshi Ikeda sensei in the UK - April 20-22, 2012

Quote:
John Burn wrote: View Post
Have to say I felt a large range of people from all sorts of backgrounds and a lot of people were convinced this is what they do anyway... It's the same thing... ahhhh, we do this... I didn't get to feel so many people with a good, well connected body if I'm being honest (from an uke's point of view). Most people were moving from forearm and shoulder, I felt little coming from people's centers... But then, isn't that the point of all this? We can go back and try.
i believed i talked about this in one of the thread. when you have not the body that worked with this stuffs, you will be blind and deaf going in. you can feel your balance broke by Ikeda sensei, but you wouldn't be able feel what he did to you or be able to reverse engineering it. Ikeda sensei said, which i am paraphrased, "dan ranked no guaranteed you understand this!"

i believed i wrote a bunch of stuffs on translating what Ikeda sensei said somewhere.

"budo is putting on cold, wet, sweat stained gi with a smile and a snarl" - your truly
http://charlotteaikikai.org