Old 04-05-2006, 11:03 AM   #9
merlynn

Dojo: lone pine ryu school of aiki kyusho jujutsu ,woking & guildford
United Kingdom
Re: What to do in this situation?

Quote:
Matt Cook wrote:
Hello everyone,
I haven't posted in a while but have run into a situation that I would like some feedback on. Originally, I was taking Bushikai Aikido in OKC, then I lost contact with my instructor. Since then our paths have crossed several times. He has asked if I would be willing to teach under him recently, and we were supposed to do some one on one training in preparation of this. He said that he was going to open up classes to the public in May. We were supposed to begin the one on one training in mid March. I have called and left various messages, but he hasn't returned any of them. Should I keep waiting (pushing my training back further) or should I go ahead and explore some of the other dojos in OKC to continue my training? I feel a certain loyalty to my instructor as well as the Bushikai form, but can't find another bushikai instructor around OKC. Please let me know your thoughts. . .
well i say keep your ear out for your sensei but whilst you are waiting keep training in other forms (or the same) of aikido it can only be of benefit to you if you train and keep training

Last edited by merlynn : 04-05-2006 at 11:07 AM.

some things are so dear and so precious you have to let them go