View Single Post
Old 09-26-2003, 07:44 AM   #12
JeffBayard
More great thoughts and suggestions! This web site is turning into a great resource for me, plus it's simply fun to read. Thanks for the ideas and reassurances about the hands health concerns. I had a nasty bout with tendonitis back when I was in high school and early college. I seem to have recovered from that pretty thoroughly by now through corrections/adjustments in my practice habits and playing technique (plus I did seated wrist curls, regular and reverse, using only a broom stick and keeping it slow and relaxed arriving gently at the top and bottom of each movement without pushing), but I think that experience added to the already natural musicians caution I have when it comes to my hands and wrists.

Joe, I used your e-mail icon on this site... yesterday, I think it was? (This first year of teaching is a bit hectic and can leave my peception of timeframes somewhat disoriented). Hope it got through! I'd love to have the insight of an actual Aikidoka who also has vocal training in music.

Anyway, gotta scoot! Hall duty! (laughing!) Take care, all, and thanks again for your thoughts and insights!

~ Jeff