View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 12:15 PM   #43
DH
United_States
Re: Using Daito-Ryu's Aiki Without Harm

Quote:
Jennifer Smith wrote: View Post
I see that we do have a lot in common in that I don't fit in with the status quo, despite what might appear otherwise. I have a unique and missing from aikido today bent that is from a developed spiritual focused core that has come from shugyo. Your core seems to be physical and unconventional in aikido terms, too. Same difference to me. We would both like for people to train in real skills and we don't cotton to a lot of mumbo jumbo.And our verbage can be difficult to grasp. I try with yours,honestly.

And to answer your question: I asked you to come to train with me in CA in the Aikido...aiki do thread and you didn't respond. The offer remains open. If you'd like to discuss it, please PM me.

I've said my piece and I wish you, in brotherhood, good training.

Best,
Jen
Hi Jenn

I must have missed it. As you may have noticed I don't get out often. When I can I have my own Koryu training that takes priority above all others. Other than that folks come here. I am currently trying to put together a seminar type thingy. I just have zero interest in doing it, but I care about the people who keep asking me to do it.
Now that you drew my attention to your offer, If I am ever out that way I'll P.M. you.

Unconventional we may not agree on. I think this training is thee most conventional way to do aiki..do. It is what has happened to Aikido™, largely because of Kissomaru that is unconventional. See there? Totally different, maybe even exact opposite view. But its an issue that needn't cause personal strife.
Once again, no offense intended.

Last edited by DH : 07-09-2008 at 12:20 PM.