View Single Post
Old 09-28-2001, 12:28 PM   #67
ranZ

Dojo: Ki no Kenyukai/Jakarta
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott_in_Kansas
Most of you seem to be saying something like this...

If your aikido technique isn't perfect, a stronger opponent will usually defeat you.
Let's not forget the "ki" in aikido. I'd agree more to 'if your ki doesn't flow, a stronger opponent will usually defeat you.' Are there anybody else from ki society here?

My sensei loves big students. The bigger they are, the better because they're easier to defeat if we use ki properly.

About 'how it's hard to grab a sweaty hand or people not wearing gi'. We are taught to hold opponent's hand not with strength, but with ki, which is more effective, especially for small people like me. We don't even grab. I've seen techniques where you don't even have to hold the opponent's hand.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim23

I'm not saying that women can't be effective in self-defence situations, but they need to be realistic as to what they can do to a larger, stronger male.
I'm a small female who sometimes get frustrated facing bigger male opponent. I can't even do ikyo on them. And then my sensei told me, 'since you are small, you might want to use other more efective technique.' Well there's a prety realistic solution. Not all techniques work on all people. But i'm pretty realistic to what i can do to a larger, stronger male. If i want to i can just kick their b**ls.