View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 11:49 PM   #20
Keith Larman
Dojo: AIA, Los Angeles, CA
United_States
Re: Internal Training in Aikido in Colorado Springs/Denver?

Imagine how you would feel after a couple 6 hour days of training with Toby. I'm still digesting after Lovato and Elias' shindig a few weeks ago...

I remember, geez, 8-10 years ago (man, that long ago already?) first meeting Toby when he was out here picking up a sword from a good friend of mine. We all went to a tameshigiri seminar to answer questions on the sword craft/maintenance end then dropped by Don Angier's place (if I'm remembering correctly). Geez, been too many years. Anyway, just the conversations during a long drive about Aikido, some of the names out there, koryu, and even a few discussions about a few familiar claims and personalities getting traction only now... Funny, I'd forgotten about that till now.

But yes, Toby Threadgill is an absolute fire-house of information. That's the blessing and the problem. Too much to digest. And remember you're just getting the "public" stuff. The "outside" version. There's all the stuff that's for official students only. I can't even begin to imagine how deep the rabbit hole goes...

Quote:
Either the well was very deep, or she fell very slowly, for she had plenty of time as she went down to look about her, and to wonder what was going to happen next. -- Lewis Carroll
Seems apropos.

I need to figure out how I can convince my wife to free me up for yet something else to study... So much to learn in so many areas. And so little time... I suppose I could trade sword work... Hmmm...