View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
ninjaqutie

Dojo: Searching for a new home
United_States
Red face The first time you fell on your (_!_) thanks to your hakama

Well, after wearing a hakama for 7 months, Wednesday night was the chosen day for me to fall on my (_!_). Just goes to show you are never safe wearing one of these things. I was doing something that I do countless times in each iaido class (walk backwards), but somehow this didn't end up the same way. I stepped on it and could feel myself falling. I had several thoughts running through my head. The first was "So this is what it feels like to trip over a hakama..." and the second part was "Oh crap, don't land on your bokken and saya (which was put away in my iai-obi)!" Anywho, I managed to somehow get my bokken out of the way. Only thing that happened was I choked on my own spit. Anywho, the first thing I did when I landed was look over at my husband and started busting out laughing. Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself.

The guy teaching looked over at me once I got back up and asked if I was alright. I kept coughing from choking on my spit, but I told him "I'm fine. I just kinda went with it." I wish I had it on video to see what I looked like. Too bad I wasn't cool enough to turn it into a roll and come back up standing.... maybe next time. HAHA!

Anyone want to share one of their stories? (doesn't have to be the first time you fell)

Last edited by ninjaqutie : 11-27-2009 at 02:15 PM.

~Look into the eyes of your opponent & steal his spirit.
~To be a good martial artist is to be good thief; if you want my knowledge, you must take it from me.