Thread: What is "IT"?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 05:33 AM   #67
Lorel Latorilla
Japan
Re: What is "IT"?

Quote:
Joep Schuurkes wrote: View Post
Why should I care for the opinion of "someone you talked to"? How skilled is this person? Without that information your post is quite useless. With that information however I can decide how much weight to assign to the opinion of someone who according to Lorel has skill leven N, assuming Lorel knows what he's talking about because he lists "Aunkai" as his dojo on Aikiweb.
1) I don't care that you care. I directed that comment to Erick, not to you.

2) How skilled? Irrelevant. The person in question has crossed hands with Akuzawa Minoru, Mike Sigman, Toby Threadgill, and maybe Ushiro Kenji (I'm not sure about this one). The point is he knows how guys with internal skill feel like and feeling Erick, he came to the conclusions that Erick did not have what those other fellas had, which is known here in Aikiweb as 'internal skills'. Perhaps Erick may have another definition of 'internal skills' and according to those standards of the definition, his scientific analysis of such a phenomenon could be potentially valid, but it is clear he has no knowledge of the discussions that Rob, Mike, and Dan have about internal bodyskills. This is not to force Erick into a position where he should train his butt off just so 'he can talk to the big boys about grown man things' as it is up to his discretion whether to pursue these bodyskills these men have. Rather, this to make Erick realize that his long scientific descriptions about internal skills are a waste of his time and the time of those who argue with him, because what he talks about is not what Rob, Mike, and Dan are discussing.

3) "With that information however I can decide how much weight to assign to the opinion of someone who according to Lorel has skill leven N"--Nice attempt to put words in my mouth. I never said that this person had internal skills or not.

Also, admittedly, I'm a beginner in internal skill training, but I never entered the discussion on this thread so you don't need to 'assume' how much I know. However, we can talk shop about internal skills if you like, not to 'show' you how much I know, but to help each other progress in this path.